The Old Municipal Buildings 19 East Street
020 3151 3915; 020 3369 4236
2 Bedroom Apartment, The Alders, West Wickham, BR4 9PZ
Well presented two bedroom apartment with beautiful views of the communal garden, the property consists of an open plan lounge/diner with large picture windows making the room light and airy. Seperate kitchen with all white goods including dishwasher, shower room with electric shower, W/c and wash basin. The entrance hall has plenty of storage and a study area, two double bedrooms with built in wardrobes to master and an ensuite bathroom
Other benefits include: double glazed throughout, phone entry system, secure location and very close to mainline station and local amenities.
West Wickham is a place in the London Borough of Bromley, England. It is 10.3 miles (16.6 km) south east of Charing Cross. West Wickham history dates back to early settlements existing since 1068, although the name `Wickham` is an indication of an earlier Anglo-Saxon settlement. The town also lies on the line of a Roman road, the London to Lewes Way.
The Prime Meridian passes through West Wickham
About the town
West Wickham was mentioned in the Domesday book with the following entry "In lordship 2 ploughs. 24 villagers have 4 ploughs. 13 salves; a church; a mill at 20d.; a wood at 10 pigs. Value before 1066 8; later 6: now 13. Godric son of Karl held it from King Edward".
In Tudor times, the Manor House Wickham Court was expanded by the Anne Boleyn family and the area was popular for deer hunting. The Grade II Listed building, was built by Sir Henry Heydon in 1469. His wife was Anne, a daughter of Sir Geoffrey Sullen, who was mayor of London in 1469. She was the great-aunt of the famous Anne Bullen or Boleyn. The house was later sold to the Lennard family in 1580. In 1935, it was sold and adapted for use as an hotel. After World War II, it was sold to the Daughters of Mary and Joseph. An American order of Nuns. Currently, it is known as Coloma College (a teacher training college) run by the Daughters of Mary and Joseph, a community of religious sisters.
Until the 1900s West Wickham remained a small village. The inter-war period saw rapid development and transformation into a suburb, facilitated by the arrival of the railway (which had opened in 1882).
Modern day West Wickham is a suburb of Greater London, after the London Government Act 1963, which came into effect in 1965, with West Wickham absorbed into the London Borough of Bromley. Like many suburbs of Greater London the area consists of local retail outlets, pubs, restaurants and primarily 1930's housing.
It also hosted a plaque containing the original bark of Stock Tree (a tree so called as it was behind the village stocks) that once stood opposite 'The Swan' which was cut down owing to the requirement to build a new road. The plaque and bark now reside at West Wickham Library, on Glebe Way.
Two Double Bedroom apartment
Available in July
Phone Entry System
White Goods Included
Contact branch for relevant Energy Performance Certificate
- £1,300 per Calendar Month
2 Bedroom Apartment To Rent
West Wickham, BR4